Friday, September 19, 2008

Fun language activity...

We found lots of fun today with a big cardboard box, paint and little paper men. Logan's puppet was Daddy. We really haven't role played much and I didn't know that Logan even knew how, but it was hilarious to watch him as he told stories as if he were Dad. "I Daddy, I go school...I Daddy, I go school..." (My husband is in a dental residency so he wears blue scrubs and goes "to school") Tanner would explain the "play" to Logan and then they would act it out for me and Chase. Logan wouldn't get all of the details, but it was great to see him say or do the parts that he understood. Tanner would say, "Logan you sit on the tree and I will throw you a ball." Logan would walk his puppet over to the three and sit on top. Then he said, "Up tree, I want ball." Tanner looked at me and said, "Mom, I didn't even sign and Logan knew what I was saying." It put such a smile on my face to see my boys playing "normally" together.

1 comment:

VBnBama said...

can you believe this? He's doing so good mom, and look at you Ms. Crafty!! I tried a sock puppet once and my kids looked at me as if I needed help! Your's is much better.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails