Well, we cannot appeal the decision made by UCLA to not do the second implant since they know "what's best". And besides, since the insurance approving the second CI would determine a lot on the recommendation of our audiologist, I figured that it would be better to just wait until we get to Florida, since (if she doesn't agree with getting it done) her letter would be of no help to us anyhow....I am trying to be positive, am I convincing? :-) Besides, I have heard that UCLA is one of the more conservative clinics with doing a second CI, so hopefully we'll have more luck back east.
Sometimes I just get tired of "fighting" the professionals, especially since the things I fight for seem so obvious. I guess I figured I wanted to get all of that out of the way before we move. There will be so many other things to get done with a big move like that and I was hoping this would be one last thing on my plate, but one of the big reasons, is because of the amazing support I have here in LA. I am afraid I won't have that in Florida and as much as I hate to admit it, I need that. I have the most wonderful people living around me that go out of their way to lend a hand to me and my family, even when I try to push it away. I am a member of the LDS (Mormon) church and the women here, in the church, have rendered so much service. When Logan had his surgery I had several women insist on taking my other two children for the day and had several others bring over dinner so that I could just focus on Logan. I always have a willing babysitter for my other boys when Logan has one of his many appointments and none of them want anything in return. I will really miss their great friendship, I don't know how I'd do it without them.